Why do we highly recommend ordering prescriptions using ‘Online Access’?
- If you have access to the Internet it is quick, secure and convenient.
- You can place your order 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Your request links straight into your personal medical record; is accurate and there is no potential for transcribing errors.
- It allows our prescribing team to process your request more quickly and improves our ability to process your request within 3 working days, if not sooner.
- It gives us more flexibility about when we process your request which helps with availability of staff at peak times to handle appointment calls etc.
- If you have also nominated a ‘destination’ pharmacy from where you collect your medication, your request can be authorised by the doctor electronically and be available to the pharmacy to dispense almost immediately. This part of the process is known as the Electronic Prescribing System EPS).
What is the Electronic Prescribing System (EPS) and how does it help?
- EPS simply allows your Doctor to check and authorise your request on the screen electronically and then send your prescription safely and securely to pharmacy of your choice.
- It saves us time, paper and printing costs.
- It reduces the chance of prescriptions being mislaid within the practice.
- The Doctors can access electronic prescriptions from wherever they are e.g. consulting rooms etc.
- Once the doctor has sent your prescription it should be available straight away to the pharmacy. The pharmacy has to access the EPS system and retrieve your prescription in readiness to dispense your mediation.
- Some pharmacies can access your prescription within seconds of it being sent by the Doctor. Others pharmacies may need up to 30 minutes.
- We have no control over processing times once the Doctor has released your prescription as this is a commercial operating / customer care issue for the pharmacy.
- You can change your nominated pharmacy whenever you like.